Grooming your poodle yourself will save you money in the long run. No more spending extra money and trips to the groomers! Why not make the investment and buy your own clippers set? So lets find out wha the best dog clippers for Poodles are…
Professionals and groomer’s number one choice for trimming your poodles is hands down WAHL Arco.What else does the WAHL Arco offer?
- WAHL Arco offers a 5500 strokes per minute motor. This is one of the most powerful motors that won’t pull your dogs fur while trimming.
- It’s small and lightweight. It stands 6.7″ in tall and weighs less than a pound. 7.9 ounces to be exact. This makes it easier to groom your dog for a longer period of time without your wrist cramping.
- Its cordless and gives you a wide range of motion. This is great for grooming all areas of your poodle.
- It holds an eighty minute charge from only charging for seventy-five minutes.
- You don’t need clipper grease with this brand. This makes for easy maintenance .
- The slim design reduces vibration, pulling and over all discomfort.
- Great for both touch ups and full body clipping.
- Speed control
- 1 year warranty
The other downside is that it comes with one blade and no combs. Yes, the WAHL Arco has a 5 in1 blade, but you will need to buy your own combs and other blades separately. Investing in different blades will cost upwards of an extra one hundred dollars for new/different blades. Prices on combs vary from brand to brand. Some are below $10 while others can be well over $20.
Do you have a larger, standard poodle? If you have a larger breed of poodle then the WAHL Arco should not be your first choice.
Andis ProClip 2-Speed 22340 AGC2 is the number one choice for larger poodles. It is a professional standard model and does a great job on poodle coats.
There are some cons to this model.
- It is very expensive.
- It is not cordless, and it makes for limited mobility.
- It can get very hot. This makes it difficult for long grooming sessions.
Whether you own a small, toy poodle or a standard breed, there is a choice for you. Even though the investment can be steep, it will save you money in the long run.